Thursday, January 9, 2020

Scientists give cuttlefish 3D glasses and shrimp films for vision study

I feel like I'd have to talk about this with students. :)


Scientists Give Cuttlefish 3D Glasses and Shrim for Vision Study

A cuttlefish wearing 3D glasses


For my non-zoology friends -- cuttlefish are related to octopus and squid. They are super smart, can change color to match their surroundings and to communicate with others, and can solve all sorts of puzzles.

Oh my goodness - there's a video: 




If I were to use this with my students, I'd ask them to read the article first.  We would practice some science literacy skills, and students would use a graphic organizer to diagram the steps of the science experiment.  After we discussed the experiment and answered any student questions we would watch the video clip.  Students would finish by writing a reflection of their thoughts - why they think this experiment could help us understand something and what further questions or modifications they would like to see for future experiments in this topic.




 Zoology Anatomy NervousSystem AnimalBehavior scienceandenvironment scienceliteracy learning

No comments:

Post a Comment